Thursday, November 29, 2012

Day 1

Nov 28th 2012
Trabizzle came over last night and had a slumber party with 1753 (watched my Apple TV with me and helped me overpack.) After we were sure to plan our whole itinerary out for the next week (we haven't scheduled a single thing...) we went to sleep. We woke up at 6:30 and were off on our adventure to Vancouver. 

We flew through LAX which turned out to be a good way to split up the flights (5.5 hrs and then 2.75 hrs in a smaller plane to BC). My mom surprised me with a first class seat. I sat next to a forty something year old playing zombie Warcraft for at least 2 hours on his iPad...I tried to look away, but I couldn't, totally adding on to my already very present flight anxiety. I watched The Odd Life of Timothy Green... Trippy. Who thinks of a kid sprouting from the ground?  I sort of liked it, and I hope to be married to someone who is as good of a husband /dad as the husband/dad (don't know his name) in this movie. I then slept the rest of the way. I told my mom it was weird because the last time I looked out of the window I saw rolling hills of Virginia farmland. When I woke up I opened the shade to see the parched deserts of Nevada.

Skip the boring layover in the united club at LAX.

Skip my brief anxiety fit I threw on the second (small) plane to Vancouver (semi quieted by shotguning a mini bottle of white wine.) side thought: how fast would I get tackled if I tried to start a shot gunning party on a plane?

Fast forward to: we made it to Vancouver!!! The excitement starts in the airport. If you've been to YVR , you know what I mean. For those who haven't, you can do a Self-guided tour or Google image
From afar. 

We got a taxi to our apartment on the west end (pictures to be added) and suited up in our hunter boots (my moms pair bought when i was born... 23 years old and stilllll working great) for a walk to dinner on Denman at Espana where we enjoyed wine, a cheese platter (winner: 30 year old ash coated goats milk cheese), grilled chorizo, and ham croquettes. We were too full to request the chorros with melted milk chocolate for desert. We walked it off, in a zombied food comad state, back to the apartment. 

We both agreed, there is something special about walking in the rain in Vancouver. I love this city.

1 comment:

  1. Really cool. Have a great time. I wish I were there. En route to London Sao Paulo Vancouver, the long way starting tonight for most of the next two weeks.

    ReplyDelete